February 3, 2016
Elkhart Brass, a Safe Fleet Company currently have an opening for a Product Manager.
Elkhart Brass is the industry's most experienced manufacturer of innovative firefighting and fire protection equipment. We manufacture 2,000 products used in virtually every aspect of fire fighting. Our products are found in fire departments around the world, building systems and off-shore drilling sites, as well as in military, marine and industrial firefighting applications.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Municipal Product Manager will be responsible for managing projects and programs to further profitable sales and market position of Safe Fleet Emergency Municipal Products. This person will be accountable for the product line of Handline Nozzles, Appliances, Portable Monitors, and accessory products that are sold to Municipal Fire Departments and Government agencies. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop deep market knowledge of customer needs, market trends, and channel opportunities and contribute to development of business strategy
- Analyze data to draw conclusions and make informed decisions
- Lead VOC efforts to gain insightful knowledge of customer problems and needs that may be address though innovative products and services.
- Define and lead execution of market vertical programs such as:
- Dealer council program
- Customer Product Education Programs
- Customer Plant Visit Programs
- Product Trade in Programs
- Product Promotion Programs
- Dealer Incentive Programs
- Unique Key Account Programs
- Product Pricing Movements
- Product Rationalization
- Define and contribute to execution of product development projects by:
- Manage municipal product roadmap and life cycle
- Develop new product business case
- Contribute to development of new product requirements
- Develop new product "go to market plan"
- Lead and contribute to execution of special projects such as:
- Product Configurator
- Strategic Collateral development
- Support Selling process by:
- Developing selling tools to support Sales Managers
- Go to person to resolve issues not being well managed through existing processes
- Bridge between departments to drive fast and efficient decision making on critical items
- Up to 50% travel required
- Ethical and respectful, must be able to represent a company that is built on integrity
- Personally driven with a track record of success
- Leadership ability with team player attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships with global customers and diverse cultures, ability to efficiently work with internal departments to deliver what is needed
- Strong project and people management skills including time, and budget management.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to process data into information, Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- 5+ years of Municipal Fire Market experience required
- 5+ years of Product Management experience required
- 5+ years of project management experience required
- 5+ years of customer facing experience required
- 2+ years of global customer interaction preferred
- Bachler's Degree in Engineering, Marketing, of Finance
- MBA Preferred
Contact Share Young about this position: email@example.com.